Saturday, November 19, 2005

yes!!! they are coming!!!



WHOA! As soon as i heard that they were coming, a lot of childhood memories gushed through my mind.. well.. let's just say that i was one of the millions who really REALLY adored them when i was young, maybe around 5th grade up to first year high.. I never really had any crush on any one of them but i loved them as a group. I was an avid fan of theirs in the era of the release of their first and second album (shown above). The next albums were good but i felt that i was quite old for such songs and my taste for music changed over time.. I kinda liked "I Want It That Way" though... Back to the LIVE IN MANILA thing... yes they are coming! On the 20th of January, 2006! They'll be having their concert here at the Araneta Coliseum and im just as excited as the way i was before whenever they appeared on tv... it’s my brother’s birthday on that day and I think it would be fun to watch it with him since it was his childhood lullaby hehe. As soon i've learned that they were coming, i started reminiscing about my childhood and it seems that backstreet boys had a massive part in it... Every song has a memory clinging to it. Even phone conversations where we sang our hearts out, dance moves, hbo concerts...all of them vividly came back to memory... nothing has really excited me in that kind of way before... i had a lot of reminiscing times but it was all different..not as delightful as this one! Lemme list down my favorite tracks from their first and second albums. here are the songs that i went crazy about (a little reminiscin’, song reviews and some shout outs included)...

BACK STREET BOYS (first album)

Get Down - this was the song that introduced Backstreet Boys to my senses. It was also the first song my brother remembered as a child because it used to be his favorite song to dance to when he was 2. i was in 5th or 6th grade then when this song was the "it" song in our "Miting de Avance""~ st. scho’s very own mini-version of the actual miting de avance, where candidates and politicians perform their asses out to get recognized and gain the vote of the masses... all sections in our batch were fighting over this song for the dance performances. my class used We've Got It Goin' On instead. i liked this song better because i thought it was more likeable to my auditory sense and it was NOT the play-all-day-long song on the radio at that time. Anywhere For You - this song...i remember me and my group of friends singing to this song along with I'll Never Break Your Heart. those two emotional songs were really heart felt at that time but i think i liked the upbeat songs better. Quit Playin' Games (With My Heart) - the song where nick carter was so HOTTT!!! though skinny and wrapped-up with his tight-fit white shirt while the rest were scantily clad... ive seen all their videos and this was the only video where Nick caught my eye. Just To Be Close To You - i remember my kabarkada Jillian everytime i hear this song because she was just drop dead overly inlove with howie dorough who sang the first few lines of the song. i remember one time, we were having an ala midterm quiz and this song suddenly played loud enough to be heard by the entire st. scho gradeschool building. pandemonium arose after that. KIDS! tsk tsk tsk! haha! I Wanna Be With You - oh! the song which my mom and i used to dance to.. we loved this song so much. the beat was hella fine to dance to. so groovy and upbeat. Let's Have A Party - i only knew this song due to hard core nick carter fans who kept on repeating the song for it was nick singin’ solo (with a lil’ bit of AJ rap on the side). It’s a cute song to listen to..

BACKSTREET'S BACK (second album)

Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - yes they were back and so were we. The most anticipated first single from the long awaited second album created mayhem in the corridors and halls of st. scho as soon as this song was released. Screaming grade 7 classmates and friends turned the volume up as the song played on the radio. Yes we were still kids then. STILL KIDS!!!
As Long As You Love Me – another smashing hit with cute choreographed dance moves. Yeah everyone was imitating the chair-hat dance. AHEM!
All I Have To Give - i adore this song. I remember me and my highschool friends Hads, Regina and Sheryn singing this song in a 4-way conversation which lasted from 8pm til 4am just after watching BSB’s concert on HBO in the summer of ‘99. we could never get enough of BSB as well as the telephone!!! Damn I miss them so much! DAMN!
Missing you - MAC! YOOHOO!!! Oh this song was my buddy’s song! my friend just kept on singin and singin and singin it when we went to Paskuhan Village in Pampanga (im not sure) to perform in a play that was watched by then first lady Mrs. Ramos... We danced in gartered YET quite LOOSE and LOUSY skin-toned tube tops and malong skirts. After which, we went star gazing, parade watching, late night sneaking… OH Grade 7…what a year it was!
Hey, Mr. DJ (Keep Playin' That Song) - still wanna dance to it. haha
Set Adrift On Memory Bliss – the last verse says it all. if there was a part in the CD that's got scratches, i think it's the part where this and the next song’s at... it's just overly played.
That's What She Said – plain nice .
If You Want To Be A Good Girl (Get Yourself A Bad Boy) – yeah!!! With the seducing voice of Nick and the Egyptian flute in the background... ooooh!

..almost everything from the first and second album was and is still worth my time listening to... and I am just about to listen to them right now…haha!=)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home