Saturday, November 26, 2005

OPERATION: TASTE TEST!

(an actual application of my favorite task)

plus MIKA [no picture]




What really amazes me is how peculiar my mind thinks when strolling around a grocery store. Last Sunday, I, along with my dad and brother went to Town to get my sister a gift for her birthday. After rummaging through all the shoe stores there, we still couldn’t figure what to get for my sister. Since it was still 5 days before her birthday, we weren’t that in a hurry to get a gift at once. We went straight to Makati Supermart to buy some grocery, and as I walked through one of the alleys, Jack n Jill’s POPPINS caught my eye. Hmmmmmm… could this taste any better than Pillows??? Nah! ~ that’s what I thought. We bought one mini pack anyway for the heck of tasting it. Excited and doubtful, I opened the mini bag of Poppins and munched with no hesitations! Yummeh!!! Heck, was it delicious!!! We were in the car already by the time I realized I was craving for more and so I just thought of buying again the next time we go to a grocery store.

Wednesday night was the night we bought our gift for my sister at Festi. At last, I thought! Time to buy me some Poppins!!! I felt weird ‘cause I wasn’t like that. I never craved for junk foods cause we weren’t raised having junk foods and softdrinks at home. I consistently asked my dad if we could go buy some Poppins afterwards. I was acting like a little child. Anyway, we ended up going to Shopwise to buy that Poppins I was raving about. After failure of finding the junk food despite deep searching and searching and searching, i asked the salesman if they had Jack ‘n Jill Poppins and the salesman said “AY! WALA PA KAMI NUN DITO MA’AM!” aba mga lintek!!! How in the world could Shopwise be late in selling the latest products? Disappointed, I walked slowly and thought of just buying Pillows instead, just to feel better yah knaw! AHA! As I was scouting through the chips section, I found out that there were 4 other brands of choco-filled crunchy snack aside from PILLOWS and POPPINS!!! WOW! THIS IS IT!!! I WANTED TO CONDUCT A TASTE TEST AT HOME! weird?!! Yeah…I thought so.. I bought all those choco-filled crunchy snacks and hurriedly and amazingly opened ALL at once… I tasted it one by one and ofcourse I had my top 3! Hehe! =) when I got home, I stored them in the freezer. BELIEVE ME THEY TASTE GOOD WHEN FROZEN!!! My dad bought lots of packs of POPPINS Thursday morning and at night, when all of us were at home, I conducted a taste test ala Kraft style! Hahaha! I asked by brother and sister, and even myself (ofcourse!!!), to rate each of the products and leave some comments. Participants were unaware of the brand of what they were to taste to avoid bias. Hahaha! Feeling!!! Here are the results (with comments):


ME
First choice: MOBY CHOCOCHUM(very chocolate-ty yummeh!!!)
Second choice: JACK ‘N JILL POPPINS (delicious crunchy crust)
Third choice: OISHI PILLOWS (just right chocolate taste, a bit sweet)
Fourth choice: PINNACLE SPARKS (so-so taste)
Fifth choice: REAGENT LOADED (where is the filling? I can not feel it???)
Sixth choice: MIKA [no picture] (pagka alat alat!!!)

CHOCO (my brother)
First choice: JACK ‘N JILL POPPINS (I love it!)
Second choice: OISHI PILLOWS (masarap pero nakakasawa)
Third choice: MOBY CHOCOCHUM (taste like moby choco popcorn) ~malamang MOBY DIN!!!
Fourth choice: PINNACLE SPARKS (ok lang)
Fifth choice: REAGENT LOADED (walang palaman)
Sixth choice: MIKA (pangit ng lasa!)


BEI (my sister)
First choice: OISHI PILLOWS (sa original ako!)
Second choice: MOBY CHOCOCHUM (sarap din!)
Third choice: JACK ‘N JILL POPPINS (sarap din!)
Fourth choice: PINNACLE SPARKS (pwede na)
Fifth choice: REAGENT LOADED (WALANG PALAMAN!!!!!!!!)
Sixth choice: MIKA (ALAT!)

AND SO.. AFTER THE KRAFT-INSPIRED TASTE TEST (MINUS THE TOKEN, HAHAHA!), I figured that PILLOWS, POPPINS AND CHOCOCHUM were all at the top 3 and the rest were at the bottom 3, MALAMANG! Hahaha! I was just surprised on how childlike my way of thinking could get sometimes…

THAT’S APPLYING WHAT I HAVE LEARNED AND LEARNING FROM WHAT I HAVE APPLIED...KRAFT STYLE!!! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home