Sunday, December 11, 2005

shimmer in shiver

I was so lazy today, yet, productive. I was awakened by the loud knockings of my mother on my door. It’s been a long time since I’ve heard those knockings because I usually get up earlier than my mom since I had to go to the office. She woke me up for it was breakfast time. I was so sluggish on getting up, having frosted feet due to cold weather plus slight head ache and symptoms of cold attack. But since I hated eating alone, I had no choice! I got up, ate breakfast and then prepared for mass.

At 10:30am I got back from church and lounged while watching Paradigm Chef at Studio23. Just then i remembered that I was supposed to cook some cheese sticks or burritos as requested by my brother. Damn! i missed cooking for my siblings. Before, I used to cook merienda or lunch meals for them. Sometimes I even make desserts, but ever since I started playing football, my Saturdays became occupied (due to tournaments) and my Sundays were spent on resting/studying/working/shopping. =) I was supposed to be at a “Jingle Bowl” tournament right now by the way, but I refused since I planned to stay with my family, as how it has always been, on a Sunday. Anyway, I felt like I’ve abandoned my siblings and so I planned on making them something to munch on for merienda. I first searched for salsa recipes over the internet, but due to lack of ingredients, I made my own version. It tasted good after all! i also made cheese sticks because I knew it would be easier than making burritos. I was tamad pa naman! My brother was so excited and gladly helped me with the wrapping of the cheese. We used KRAFT eden and cheddar cheese…just to let you know! Hahaha! Anyway, I’m so touched to see the delight in my brother’s face while watching me cook the cheese sticks and the salsa for the dip. I felt like he really missed me and my cooking. =)

I finished at around 4:30 ~ finished cooking and tasting, that is. I headed to my room, cleaned my salsa-smelling self, and lounged again at my mom’s sofa in their room. Me and my mom looked for something nice to watch and as I was channel surfing, I passed by some channel, ETC I think, where they featured Christmas decorations. Shockamommah!!! I forgot that I was supposed to put up the other Christmas decors in our home. That was way long overdue! i immediately transferred the channel and sneaked out of their room to avoid being reminded of the Christmas decors that I promised to put up. Heehee. =) I then asked for help from our helper to get the decors from the boxes just so I could set it up and get the job done. Yes I did it!!! To think that I was so lazy to get myself outta bed!

Right now.. im doing the finishing touches on my OJT final report for school. I’m so home alone. well.. technically. my mom’s at a party. My dad’s out buying stuff. My sister’s out with her choir mates making caroling, my brother’s asleep,, the helpers are, well.. I don’t know, I couldn’t see nor hear them from where I’m at. it’s me alone in the me-loud glade…

I’m just staring at the shiny shimmery lights and decors around me as I type this while listening to some Christmas songs… feeling the cold breeze of Christmas air. I’m feeling soooo c-o-o-o-old! Wow! It’s only 2 weeks before Christmas… I hope I get nice gifts! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home