Tuesday, June 13, 2006

books

honestly, I have never been really into reading books until 3 weeks ago when i turned myself into seeking for more books to read. yes. i became overwhelmed with the fact that i have read 3 books since then, one book a week, forcibly squeezed into multiples of school requirements for the past three weeks. this all started when, *confession* , i started reading the da vinci code about only three weeks ago. yes, it was the only time i started reading the book. i really really wanted to read it for a very very long time, 2 years to be exact, but I was of so much pride that I refused reading it. I told myself two years ago that I wont be reading the book until I get a hold of the hardbound-colored-with pictures-edition. Then as I heard that a movie was being produced, I thought of buying the book. Nothing happened. The movie was shown in movie houses still there was I with no hard copy. It’s a very damn shame! I put aside my pride and just ended up borrowing my friend’s hard bound–but pictureless–and black printed da vinci copy. I read it up to the 3rd to the last chapter, then watched the movie, then ended the book when I got home. anyway, since then I found myself reading a certain book when I have free time, well, forced free time. I have read By The River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept (for the third time, while looking for another book to read), The Devil Wears Prada(finally, a new book to read), and now, Confessions of a Shopaholic. The last two books definitely gave me a new perspective about the fashion industry (how I envied Miranda Priestly) and well, shopping. Quite honestly, I feel guilty that I kinda have 1/4 resemblance to Becky (the Shopaholic girl). I am amazed on her way of thinking when buying new things because sometimes I too have the same thing in mind. I wonder if I would be able to pull off the things that she’s been doing to avoid her credit card bills! Hmmm?!!! Well there! Amazing! im looking forward to reading all the SHOPAHOLIC series, and trying some shopaholic techniques too. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home